Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Curly Hair, Don't Care

People talk to me about my curly hair all of the time. Mainly, (especially if they don't have curly hair themselves) they talk about how lucky I am. I'm pretty certain that this is how people imagine my day to day life.

 I do regularly pose on rocks but this is beside the point.

 Don't get me wrong, I do like it when people complement my hair. But when they say they wish they had hair like mine, I tend to sigh and say something along the lines of "Aw honey.... No." because what you're seeing is the end result of a process so long and tedious that you would dread it every night if you had to go through it. I won't get into it here but seriously. It's a pain.

About 20 minutes into brushing, your arm starts to give out.

Then you get to slather it in products and wrap it all up real special like you're a pirate or maybe a gangster because your curls can't just behave themselves. They have to go to curl prison first. Besides that, once they're all nice and pretty (or not you know because that's how curly hair works) you can make the next big decision of your day.

MARVEL AT THE CHOICES

But the best part has to be the awkward elevator rides.

suuuuuuuper awkward.

But in the end I guess it is kind of awesome.

1 comment: